Learn how to photograph the Perseids Meteor Shower with Ian Norman (Lonely Speck).
You’ll learn everything you need to photograph any meteor shower: inspiring images, how to plan them with PhotoPills... all the gear you need and all the camera settings you need.
02:40 Night sky example pictures
09:04 Meteor Shower example pictures
12:56 Plan with PhotoPills
24:01 How to scout locations
29:45 Gear to bring
50:43 Shooting tips in the dark
53:40 Question: Use dark frames?
55:20 Question: Noise because of overheating?
56:48 When to take foreground exposure
1:08:23 Tutorials on YouTube channel
1:09:22 Processing: Selecting frames with meteors
1:16:54 Question: Use star tracker?
1:19:11 Question: Light painting the foreground?
1:20:48 Question: Capture Neowise and Perseids?
1:22:07 Question: How to distinguish meteors from satellites?
1:24:53 Processing: Blending frames with meteors
1:35:03 Processing: Blend frames to match sky color and brighten meteors
1:45:34 Processing: Rotate frames to match radiant
Join The Tribe!
- Understanding Natural Light: Golden Hour, Blue Hour and Twilights
- Understanding Depth of Field (DoF) and How to Calculate it
- Understanding the Hyperfocal Distance
- Learn How To Focus at the Hyperfocal Distance in 1 Minute!
Milky Way Photography
- Milky Way Photography Planning
- Learn Milky Way Photography
- Milky Way Photography Masterclass with Alyn Wallace
- How to Post Process the Milky Way with Nick Page
- How to Calculate the Milky Way Photography Exposure Time
- Photographing the Milky Way with a Natural Arch
- How to Plan a Photo of the Next Full Moon with a Building
- How to Photograph the Moon with Foreground
- Moon Photography Masterclass with Jennifer Khordi
- Photographing a Full Moon Silhouette from Another Galaxy
Sunset & Sunrise Photography
- How to Plan a Powerful Sunset Photo | When You Know the Date
- How to Plan Any Sunset Photo You Imagine
- How to Plan a Sunset Photo in a Valley | Or a Sunrise
- Photographing the Sun setting through the natural arch of Es Pont d’En Gil
- Landscape Photography with Nigel Danson
- Landscape Photography Post Processing with Albert Dros
- How to Edit Your Landscape Photography in Photoshop with Sean Bagshaw
Long Exposure Photography With Lens Filters
Meteor Shower Photography
- How to Plan Any Meteor Shower Photo You Imagine
- How to Plan a Photo of the Perseids Meteor Shower 2021
- How to Plan a Photo of the Geminids 2020
- Perseids Meteor Shower Photography Masterclass with Ian Norman
- Photographing the Perseids Meteor Shower with an Ancient Oak Tree
Solar Eclipse Photography
- How to Plan a Photo of the 2020 Total Solar Eclipse in Chile and Argentina
- Annular Solar Eclipse Photography Masterclass with Joshua Cripps
Lunar Eclipse Photography
Star Trails Photography
- Photography Planning Masterclass with PhotoPills app
- How to Enable and Use the PhotoPills Widgets
- How to move the Red Pin of the Planner
- How to Save, Share and Import Plans and Locations with PhotoPills
- Mastering the Load button of the Planner
- Calibrating the Augmented Reality Views (AR)
- Understanding the Map Buttons of the Planner