We’d like to launch the Android version by the end of this year (2016). If you want to get notified when released and available on Google Play, add your email to this form.
How to store my photos on my iPhone/iPad
In order to submit a photo to the PhotoPills Awards using your PhotoPills app, you first need to store it on your iPhone or iPad.
There are 3 simple ways to do it:
Send yourself an email with the photo
- Store the photo on your computer and send yourself an email attaching the photo.
- From your iPhone/iPad, open the email, tap on the attached file to download it.
- Do a long press on the photo and then choose “Save Image”.
- The photo will be stored in your camera roll ready to be submitted.
If you’re new to Dropbox, you can get a free account following this link: Free Dropbox.
Many people use Dropbox to store images and documents in the cloud. Dropbox keeps synced a folder in your Mac or PC with the cloud. I use it myself and I really love it:
- On your Mac or PC, store the photo on your local Dropbox folder.
- On your iPhone/iPad, go to the App Store, install the Dropbox free app and log in.
- Open Dropbox app, tap on the photo you want to submit. Then tap on the share button (top right hand corner) and choose “Save Image”.
- The photo will be stored in your camera roll ready to be submitted..
Use iCloud and/or iTunes
You can keep your photos safely stored and up to date on your iPhone/iPad by using iCloud or iTunes.
- Store your photos in your iPhone/iPad using iCloud or iTunes. You’ll find how to do it in this guide by Apple.
- Your photos will be saved in your camera roll ready to be submitted..
The two ways to submit your photos
The preferred and easiest way to do it is by submitting your photos directly from your PhotoPills app. It’ll take you one minute :)
- Go to the menu “My Stuff” and tap on the “Awards” button.
- Then, tap on the “Submit” button (bottom), select the photo from your camera roll and tap on “Next” (bottom).
- Remember, the photo has to be watermark free.
- Fill in all the personal information required: name, email and Instagram account. Note that you’ll only have to introduce it once. Then, PhotoPills will remember all your personal info.
- Fill in the image information required: category, exif information, location and short description). Note that if the photo contains the exif information, all these data will be automatically loaded.
- Read the Terms and Conditions before tapping on “Confirm”.
- Congratulations, you’ve just submitted a photo. Now you can share it on Facebook and Twitter..
Temporarily, you can also submit your photos via email. Just send the image (2048 pixels longest side) and all the required information to email@example.com. Soon, this option will not be available. It’s easier and more comfortable for everyone to participate via your PhotoPills app.
How many photos can I submit?
Unlimited! Past photos are allowed too. Don’t have to wait to submit a photo!
Just imagine, plan, shoot and submit as many photos as you wish :) The only limit, your imagination!
Which are the image requirements?
- No watermark.
- 2048 pixels on the longest side at 72ppi (we need large files because they may be included in the PhotoPiller of the Year ebook).
- Maximum image size: 10 MB.
- sRGB or Adobe98 colour space, 8-bit.
- Be saved as a JPEG at a setting of 8 (80%) or higher
Who can enter the PhotoPills Awards?
This is for you guys, only for PhotoPillers (PhotoPills app users).
We’re more than 50.000 PhotoPillers from all around the World. We’d be happy to have you in the tribe.
Is it Free?
Why are you doing this?
We created the PhotoPills Awards because we believe you guys deserve it. Because we know the huge amount of time, energy and love you put in your photos. And because we want to HONOR them, SHOW them to the world, and REWARD you with up to $6,600 in cash prizes, every year. Period! :)
Who keeps the ownership and intellectual property rights?
You, the photographer.
Where can I find the terms and conditions?
Please, check our terms and conditions here: www.photopills.com/awards/terms
What kind of photos can I submit?
Any photo in which PhotoPills has been involved in the process.
Submit unlimited photos in three different categories (past photos allowed):
- Night: proof your talent under the dark sky. Send us your Milky Ways, star trails, meteor showers, planet conjunctions, Iss, northern lights, lightpainting photos...
- Moon: It’s all about the Moon! Send us your full Moons, thin Moons, Supermoons, Moon Silhouettes, Moonrises, Moonsets, lunar eclipses...
- Sun: Any photo that does not involve the Moon or the night sky. Send us your sunrises, sunsets, golden hours, blue hours, twilights, solar eclipses, sun silhouettes...
No matter if you’re in landscape, astro, night, travel, architecture, wedding, product or fashion photography. Imagination has no boundaries. We want to see them all!
Take a look at our Instagram account (@photopills) to see what type of photos we feature!
Tell me more about the prizes
Every day, we’ll feature one photo on Instagram (@photopills, make sure to follow us!) as the PhotoPiller of the Day. And, at the end of the year, the 365 featured photos will be included in the PhotoPills Awards Book, joining the PhotoPillers legacy.
$300 every month
Every month, in each category, we’ll choose the best photo from all the featured on Instagram as PhotoPiller of the Day. Each category winner will be awarded with $100 in cash.
We’ll also choose the best photo of the month. The photographer will be interviewed and awarded with the title of the PhotoPiller of the Month.
Become the PhotoPiller of the Year and get $3,000
Every year, we will choose the best photo from all the 365 photos featured on Instagram as PhotoPiller of the Day. The winner will be awarded with the title PhotoPiller of the Year and $3,000 in cash.
How do I know my photo has been featured or Awarded?
Make sure to follow us on Instagram (@photopills). We tag the author everytime we feature or award a photo.
Also, all the featured and awarded photos will be displayed within the Awards section of your PhotoPills app (My Stuff > Awards).
Can I receive multiple awards?
Absolutely! You could even get the $300 in one single month if you win in all three categories.
How can I get featured in an interview?
If your photo is chosen as the best photo of the month, then, you’ll be interviewed and awarded with the title PhotoPiller of the Month.
Will the cash prizes be taxed?
Yes, all the payments under this Agreement are subject to a Spanish Government withholding tax. This tax will be subtracted from the total import of the prize. Together with the payment, we’ll send you a Certificate of the Withholding tax paid. Depending on the agreements existing between Spain and your country of residence, you might be eligible to get part of this tax reimbursed. Please, consult it with your tax advisor.
If I’m awarded with a cash price, how will I get paid?
If you’re selected for a PhotoPills Award, we’ll get in touch with you via email with the instructions on how to receive the prize. Usually by wire transfer or Pay Pal.
Do you have any Pills to get me inspired?
YES! Let me share with you a couple of inspiring articles and videos that will help you bring your photography to the next level:
- How to Shoot Truly Contagious Milky Way Pictures.
- How to Find and Plan Any Milky Way Picture You Imagine (video).
You’ll find many more learning pills in the PhotoPills Academy!
Got another question?
Please, contact us!